Newly Diagnosed | Forms | Insurance & Billing | FAQs | HIPAA & Privacy | Helpful Links | Patient Portal
Welcome to Central Alabama Radiation Oncology
Thank you for choosing the Central Alabama Radiation Oncology, LLC for your health care services. We are committed to providing world class care and would like to make your visit with us as pleasant as possible. In this section you will find information to help make your treatment process at CARO seamless one. We have included instructions on what information you will need for your first visit, patient forms, frequently asked questions, HIPPA and Privacy, and a link to the patient portal where you can fill out your new patient forms online. If there are other questions that we can address, please give us a call at (334) 395-2200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights and Responsibilities
Central Alabama Radiation Oncology will protect your rights, safety and privacy. As your care provider, we will:
- Provide considerate and respectful care at all times and under all circumstances with special attention to your personal privacy and dignity.
- Provide complete information from our team about your illness, your course of treatment and the prospects for recovery in terms that you can understand.
- Allow you to exercise your legal and ethical rights to participate in treatment decisions.
- Provide information about risks and hazards of treatment, and alternatives to the proposed treatment before asking for consent.
- Cooperate, should you desire to seek a second opinion.
- Provide a reasonable response to your requests and needs under all circumstances.
- Always make your medical records available to you.
- If requested, provide treatment and services that you request within the applicable law and regulation.
- Correct any potential inaccuracies in your medical record.
- Inform you of any experimental treatment we might propose to use, how it might affect your care and your right to refuse such treatment.
- Respect your wishes to refuse any treatment. Refusing treatment at the end of life can be accomplished by preparing an Advance Directive (Living Will) in accordance with applicable laws, and providing a copy to your doctor.
For us to provide you with the best possible care, we need your help also. Please keep in mind the following:
- Please be on time for your appointments and try to give advance notice if you cannot keep your appointment.
- Make sure that the information we have in your medical history is complete and accurate. Also, should you not clearly understand your treatment plan, please give us the opportunity to explain it to you.
- Once your treatment plan is complete, you should follow it.
- Please take other patients’ and guests’ comfort in our facility into consideration. Be considerate concerning food, visitors and children.
- Please fulfil your financial obligations in a timely manner.
Discrimination is Against the Law
Central Alabama Radiation Oncology, LLC complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Central Alabama Radiation Oncology, LLC does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Central Alabama Radiation Oncology, LLC:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Central Alabama Radiation Oncology, LLC office at 334-395-2200 and request translation assistance. Please specify whether a sign language interpreter is required or a non-English language interpreter.
If you believe that Central Alabama Radiation Oncology, LLC has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Central Alabama Radiation Oncology, LLC
4143 Carmichael Rd
Montgomery, AL 36106
You can file a grievance in person or by mail. If you need help filing a grievance, a Central Alabama Radiation Oncology, LLC employee is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.